Finance as a Business Partner: Delivering Insights, Improving Performance and Optimising Market Opportunities
Andrew Sharrock Financial Controller - International & Institutional Banking at ANZ is working with ANZ on a 3 year program of work, based around their ESAR framework – elimination, standardisation automation and re-location. In this presentation from Finance Transformation 2016, Andrew discusses the business objectives around the project, including the goal to become more efficient and to fully leverage the capabilities of their offshore hubs in Bangalore and Manila, including:
- Getting back to the basics by simplifying onshore work, such as reporting by consolidating the number of journals entered
- Moving their offshore hubs up the value chain, by not only offshoring high-transactional work, but also highlevel functions such as analytics and management reporting
- Implementing strong governance frameworks to manage the quality of offshore work and setting quantitative benchmarks to measure performance
- Exploring the related benefits of labour arbitrage, reduction in cost base and increase in quality
- Working more closely with the business to become a true finance business partner and developing a continuous improvement culture
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.