Amanda HarsasHead of Finance Transformation
Primary Health Care Limited
9:00 AM Winning Over the Skeptics—Building the Business Case for a Successful Finance Transformation
Critical to the success of a new finance transformation operation is a detailed business case to dimension the potential opportunity of consolidating/streamlining/simplifying often complex operations and a robust plan for managing the transformation. This workshop focuses on the essential activities to plan, launch and stabilize a new finance transformation operation; including critical success factors for your business case, top ten implementation challenges, and three keys to post launch success.
Topics for discussion include:
· The keys to a successful business case and typical business case results from across industries
· How to structure the implementation to achieve results on time and on budget
· Integrating technologies
· Preparing staff and establishing governance
In the last half of 2016, Amanda has lead the transformation of 8 initiatives in the effort to transform their finance function. They quickly learned that they had to begin focusing on the Finance Target Operating Model and in particular the Finance Service Delivery Model they were putting forth. They have created a Centre of Excellence for Forecasting, Planning & Analysis and Business Intelligence as well. Join this study to experience the success and challenges Amanda has experienced in their new transformation project.
· Reducing operational costs and duplication efforts
· Efficiently provide access to skilled resources and allow flexibility to support business growth
· Establishing financial operational baselines and evaluated options (go-forward service model)
· Moving to a “fit for purpose” delivery model with a 3 tier structure