Nathan ArundellGeneral Manager Finance
2:20 PM Open Panel Discussion: How to Foster a Culture of Engagement and Effectively Embed Change Management Within Your Finance Team
With up to 70% of organisational transformational journeys failing, it’s no wonder that CFO’s and Finance Controllers struggle with successfully embedding change management into their finance teams. This open discussion session will craft the necessary practical tips you need to lead change in your current finance structure. This session will also delve into the best strategies for keeping your teams engaged by creating urgency, vision and values, strategy and communication flows within model.
· Measuring success within the organisation to keep teams motivated and engaged
· Aligning performance management processes to drive desired behaviour changes
· Examining inconsistencies in your change management journey and structuring methods to alleviate them
· Creating small wins and visualising the journey to keep a culture of engagement thriving in your organisation
4:40 PM The Future of Banking- Opportunities of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and Challenges of Cyber Threats
9:40 AM KEYNOTE PANEL: Disruptors, Not Reactor—Why Self-Funding is the Key to a Successful Transformation
Transformations can take time and the challenge of producing near-term results is frequently the reason they stall. The most successful programs are self-funding: early wins remove costs from the system, and simplify the business, producing savings that then fund medium-term initiatives to innovate, to change the trajectory of the customer experience, and to support some of the boldest actions. Through a self-funding business case, a transformation has the best chance of achieving sustainability.
Hear how finance leaders across industries approach self-funding and their strategies for maintaining momentum:
· Bottom line growth as a measure of success
· Disrupt existing markets—the importance of being outward-focused in your operations and investing in the digital future
· Customer consolidation—how do you manage?