Silvio GiorgioGeneral Manager, Data Science & Strategy
In support of Australia Post’s transformative journey to delivering leading eCommerce experiences to Australians, finance have taken to innovation and leadership to reimagine how they support a changing business in an industry facing disruption. Brought in by the Group CFO to disrupt Finance from within, Silvio will share their four phase ‘strategy to execution’ success story that is inspiring the art of the possible with its 300+ team members focussing on:
· Investing in leadership mindsets to think differently, embrace ambiguity and lead our people through change
· Embracing innovation through digital disruption, change marketing and promoting a culture of experimentation
· Exploring data science, artificial intelligence and robotics to reimagine our service offering
· Servicing the business at more sustainable cost levels with a 19% lift in engagement
· Whilst shifting towards value generation for customers and the business
9:40 AM KEYNOTE PANEL: Disruptors, Not Reactor—Why Self-Funding is the Key to a Successful Transformation
Transformations can take time and the challenge of producing near-term results is frequently the reason they stall. The most successful programs are self-funding: early wins remove costs from the system, and simplify the business, producing savings that then fund medium-term initiatives to innovate, to change the trajectory of the customer experience, and to support some of the boldest actions. Through a self-funding business case, a transformation has the best chance of achieving sustainability.
Hear how finance leaders across industries approach self-funding and their strategies for maintaining momentum:
· Bottom line growth as a measure of success
· Disrupt existing markets—the importance of being outward-focused in your operations and investing in the digital future
· Customer consolidation—how do you manage?